“It’s so important to focus on change as we approach new times. We must Restructure & Reassess everything we do moving forward.”-Nirjary M.Desai
Have you thought about what you are going to do post CoVID-19 with your Business? Using this time to Restructure & Reassess your business, operation, labor, and more so your mindset is a huge asset to the future of your entrepreneurial journey.
Joining us this week are two respected powerhouse creatives Tony Conway of Legendary Events from Atlanta, Ga. and Smita Mohindra of Ethnic Essence based in Anaheim, CA. We hosted a 1.5 hour webinar filled with how to be a Smart while you Restructure & Reassess your business from the inside out and the outside in!
Follow our experts so you can keep up with them and reach out to them for future collaborations, advice & creative inspiration:
Defining the Problem:
- Do we keep going the way we have been going with the mentality that if it ain’t broke don’t fix it?
- Isn’t this the time to consider creating something new and sustainable in order to fix our new future/norm?
Questions we asked the panelist to help you solve the challenges post CoVID-19 pandemic.
- What are you doing currently to reevaluate your business and where is it going to go post CoVID? Has this time forced you to reconsider the scale of your operations, staffing, buildings, etc.?
- Has the stress of having to let go of staff and restructuring your team been challenging for you?
- What have you been doing during this time to focus on still creating & being creative to stay positive mentally?
- What is your recommendation for vendor partners who are dealing with cancellations and have not been financially smart about saving, or planning for their own future/but also been oblivious to the fact that disasters do happen?
- How transparent do you feel vendors partners should be with their clients, and should that be their motto of operating business? There is a lot of vendors who are scared to be honest with their clients because they are scare to lose the client
- How has this webinar and investing in your continuing education as an industry vendor helped & empowered you?
- There are a lot of small businesses or really a one man show, who are always trying to feel that they need a large team to seem visible and larger than what their execution capacity is, but are also putting more money then what they as owners are bringing in turn lowering their bottom line. What is your recommendation for them as they navigate a future that may need to turn back into a one man show and have a stellar weekend warrior team instead?
- Part of restructuring & reassessing is building a network and community that can collaborate and support each other. What is your recommendation for those who think that keeping to themselves is the best way versus speaking to your peers in the industry who can continue to support and elevate you and turn into referral sources.
Tony Conway is known for being the mastermind behind many of Atlanta’s most prestigious and glamorous events, Tony Conway has been a tour de force in the events industry for over four decades. In 1997, after 20 years in the luxury hotel industry, Tony formed Legendary Events, an award-winning, full-service special events company. Legendary’s expertise in event production, catering, floral décor and design has earned the team a stellar reputation, and ensured the company is a trusted choice for internationally renowned clients such as Tyler Perry, Sir Elton John and Oprah Winfrey, as well as for high-profile, complex events like those honoring President Barack Obama, President George W. Bush and President Bill Clinton. In 2013, Tony expanded the business by opening the first of two special event venues owned and operated by Legendary Events in the Buckhead area of Atlanta. The Estate is a stunning Southern mansion, with original features dating back to 1797. Flourish, which opened in 2015, is a stylish and splendid modern gem. Tony is also a much sought-after TV guest, and has been featured on several prime time shows as an event planning expert. On The Steve Harvey Show, Tony discussed the design and execution of Steve’s daughter Karli’s luxurious wedding. For an hour-long, star-studded prime time party special, “Too Darn Hot,” on the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN), Tony was interviewed about producing the A-list event, giving viewers an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at how Tony and the team plan the annual star-studded Hollywood party thrown by Tyler Perry to celebrate his TV production collaboration with Oprah. In support of the local community, Legendary Events has made contributions in excess of $15 million to non-profit organizations. In addition, Tony has served on the boards of The Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, the Alliance Theatre, Leadership Atlanta, Murphy-Harpst Children’s Center, Complexions Contemporary Ballet, The Atlanta Community Food Bank, Meals on Wheels Atlanta, Central Atlanta Progress, UNICEF and SEARCH. Tony has also been an active member of The Atlanta Chapter of Confrerie de la Chaine Des Rotisseurs. For his continual efforts Tony has been honored with many prestigious industry awards including; two awards from The Special Event – A Lifetime Achievement Award a nd the Richard Carbotti Gala Award for volunteerism, a coveted 11Alive – Community Service Award and a Georgia Entertainment Gala – Highlight Award. Tony is also a recipient of the Buckhead Business Association’s Sam Massell Bullish in Buckhead Award, and in 2016, he was named one of Biz Bash Media’s Most Innovative People in Events & Meetings. Tony has also been inducted into the Event Solutions Hall of Fame and the Atlanta Hospitality Hall of Fame. Tony’s first book, TONY CONWAY | LEGENDARY EVENTS is available now on Amazon.Tony Conway Purple Background
Smita Mohindra is the Visionary, Founder and Creative Director of Ethnic Essence Inc, which caters to luxury ethnic weddings, social, charity and large brand-based corporate events. Smita is an alum of world-renowned NID (National Institute of Design), Ahmedabad and has formal training in Interior Design, along with Japanese & European hi-style Floral Design from Chicago and Los Angeles. Smita comes with over 25 years of experience as an event producer and planner, including over 500 weddings & events. Her expertise in logistics; creative direction and focus on personalized attention form the foundation of her relationship with her clients.
“Our balance of mastery and inspired innovation ensure that we create contemporary designs that are instant classics. These become unforgettable experiences and everlasting memories.”
855.547.2823 • email@example.com
NYC • ATL • LA • TO
Thank you to all of our Photo & Cinema Partners for sharing in our passion to create amazing events and letting us share your work with the world.
Nadia D Photography | Cat Milanese Photography | Rag Artistry | Sophia Barrett Studios | NSPG Media | Banga Studios | Pacific Pictures | Vitor Lindo Photo & Video | Janet Howard Studios | Ross Oscar Knight | Sam Jasper Photography | FenLong Photography
© 2019 KIS (cubed) Events LLC. All Rights Reserved.